Dorset and Hampshire based beauty and healthcare clinic, River Aesthetics were moving to Bournemouth and wanted to open a new flagship store in the town centre, the beauty brand’s third site. They had taken occupancy of a shell and core retail unit and required a luxurious fit out to match their brand and company values.
River Aesthetics had enlisted the services of KTM Design, who SM:5 have been fortunate enough to work with on a number of successful projects in the past. Between KTM and the client a very clear vision for a luxury feel with natural tones & colours and calming finishes throughout the space.
The circa 2000 square foot retail space was given to SM5 as a shell and core so we had a blank canvas to work to.
- New stud work walls were constructed to segregate the treatment rooms and private staff areas.
- Walls included a very tricky curved feature wall with inbuilt shelving, cupboards and LED lighting.
- Bespoke joinery was installed throughout the entire space
- Installation of oak timber panelling in each of the treatment rooms
- Construction of an LED waved feature wall constructed from MDF
- Construction of a standout slatted timber wall to take centre stage in the middle of reception.
- Polished concrete effect plaster was also applied to further add to the natural tones/materials on display.
- New mechanical and electrical systems installation.
- Installation of electric underfloor heating .
- Flooring and decorations were specified and installed as per CQC guidelines as the space is operating as a medical facility.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic this project was more challenging than it may have been previously. The project was launched at the height of lockdown so post the initial lockdown delay, we were hit with material and labour shortages. We also had to dramatically reduce the amount of people we allowed on site at any one time.