The Village Butchers is based in the popular area of Southfields in South West London. It is extremely well respected within the local community, regular customers even include a host of sports and TV stars including celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey.
The butchers shop which has been serving South West London since 2003 has been able to continue operations all throughout 2020 despite COVID 19, with its delivery service and instore orders booming even during lockdown.
SM:5 Developments were contacted as the business had recently rebranded and wanted their store to better reflect their success and culture. We were asked to complete a total renovation over a 5 week period to minimise the time the shop would need to be closed for. It was a very ambitious programme but nothing that long days and seven day weeks could not achieve.
- New shop front which saw the old plastic/wooden sign removed and replaced with tiles, the new company logo and some rustic lighting.
- New wall tiles
- Internally redecorated and rewired
- Installation of new lighting and power equipment
- Fitting of bespoke joinery items throughout (made from reclaimed scaffold boards and poles)
- Installation of a specialist fridge to display the shop’s renowned dry aged beef joints.
- Cladding of fridge with reclaimed scaffold boards to match the rest of the design.