SM5 were contracted by the University of Southampton to carry out extensive refurbishment works at the home of their fashion & textiles site within the Winchester Guildhall.
The five floors of disused office space would become home to new Winchester School of Art lecture and student learning space.
- Full strip out of offices, lobbies, kitchens, WCs and storage areas
- Installation of new mechanical and electrical systems including new lighting, small power and ventilation systems.
- All ductwork and containment was left on display as a feature as part of the planned design.
- Removal of old partition walls and new ones constructed to suit a new layout more fitting for an education environment. All new floor and wall finishes were installed including full redecorations.
- All toilets and kitchenette spaces were fully renovated to match the stylish new space.
SM5 were able to stick to a very ambitious programme ensuring that all lecture and student areas were complete and handed back to the client ready for the 2022 intake of students.
SM5 were asked to carry out further phases of the project following a successful initial handover.